Friday, July 20, 2012

Redecorating

Project 2: Mirror

Trash to Treasure :)

I've been really wanting a large mirror over my mantle after looking at, of course, Pinterest :)  I found this mirror at a yard sale and was expecting it to be around $50. The guy sold it to me for $15!!! It's a super large heavy mirror too :)

Before: Dark Wood. (Not what I needed to add light to the living room)

























Please ignore the crap in front of it.

During:



After:


























Cost: 15.00 for the mirror. (mom already had the paint and primer)
Process: I cleaned all the dirt and dust off first. We prepped the project by applying tape around the inside. Second, we applied two coats of primer because it was so dark. Finally, we painted it white (to bring in light!)
Time: About 45 mins!!

No comments:

Post a Comment