Sunday, November 17, 2013

Christmas Expectations

I love Christmas Time. It's my absolute favorite time of the year!!! I truly look forward to future Christmas' with Liam when he can really experience the magic of it all. I tried to show him all of the whimsical ornaments as I decorated the tree (Yes, it's up!) but he was more interested in his bouncer.

Very excited about the holidays this year. Probably clear since my tree is already up. Planning on doing my bedroom too this year. Kinda stumped about part of my living room decor but I'm sure I'll find something for that darn end table. I'm going to attempt icicle lights on the house this year. Probably gonna be pissed excited once it's done.

I'm really trying not to set expectations this year when it comes to the holidays. I am the worst about having these ideas of what I want to do and accomplish each year and am always disappointed when it doesn't happen. We have family Christmas pictures and I was really anxious about it. What if he cries the whole time? What if he doesn't smile? Again expectations. Releasing expectations is helping with the anxiety and I'm starting to look forward to it. I'm hoping to continue to let go and just enjoy (all things).

Hoping for peace and enjoyment this season. Happy Holidays!!! 
Almost forgot...my tree :) Close up pictures to come!









No comments:

Post a Comment