Sunday, July 15, 2012

Redecorating

Project 1: Coffee Table

My coffee table in my girly/fairy tale room (explanation to come) was efficient but didn't match the other furniture in the room. The wine rack, currently my book shelf ;-), picture frames, and chest were all a dark wood while this one was an orangish color.

Before:
Not a great picture to see its original color.
You can really see the orange color in this picture. This was during the stripping process. The last half of the picture shows what it looked like before I started.
After:
You can see how it matches the furniture behind it.

Cost: 8.00 for the stain
Process: We first stripped the old stain off the table. Then we sanded it down and reapplied new stain. Finally we applied two coats to get it this color.
Time: If I had done this project strait threw I could have finished in a day, but I had to stop the stripping process for other things. Staining took about 45 mins. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment