Wednesday, May 1, 2013

~ Preparing for Liam: Nursery! ~

We decided to turn the guest room into the nursery. We considered Rhett's study but knew he still needed his space because I sure as heck wasn't going to give up mine in the pink girl room.

I have searched and searched for a darn picture of the guest bedroom. I need a before picture right? For the life of me I can't find one! :( Sad times. Will update this post when I find one.

It started with disassembling the bed. Then we had to trash re-home everything in the room. Such a freaking chore!


Next, we started finding pieces of furniture for the nursery. We were on a budget so we couldn't go out and buy expensive pieces so Momma and I would go to yard sales and discounted furniture stores. A fantabulous co worker of mine GAVE me her crib. I'll be forever grateful. It's stunning as you are about to soon see!

We decided we wanted a dresser because Liam wouldn't always need a changing table but he would need a place for his clothes. We found this dresser for $15.00 in a sketchy neighborhood, good eye mom, at a yardsale! Momma and I saw definite potential :) [There's your weed puller mom!]


We then found this piece at habitat for humanity and decided it could be used for storage as a bookshelf. We got it for $75.00.



Here is the dresser mom repainted. Thanks Momma!! We added new hardware and it looked like a completely different piece!

We then primed and painted the "bookcase".....


It was mom's idea to paint it light blue! Genius! All white in the nursery seemed a little monotonous. 
Yes, I love using that big word. 

Alrighty...update to continue tomorrow. I'm interrupting hubby's study time with my typing. Also, I'm usually in bed around 9:00!


No comments:

Post a Comment